Our thoughts are with all those people struggling with cold weather. Stay warm out there!
Hearing that a blast of blast of winter weather was on it’s way, Miss Wigglyhead decided to stock up on a few essentials to see her through. One of the nice things about moving to an urban center is the availability of groceries for very small people, including all the necessary ingredients to make a tiny batch of Rice Krispie squares. Debbie is still learning how to cook so I helped her out in our “big person” kitchen.
Makes one single Rice Krispie treat or 12 tiny squares.
- One 21g box of Rice Krispie Cereal or other puffed rice cereal
- 2/3 cup mini marshmallows (about 68 marshmallows)
- Two individual containers of butter or margarine (about 1 tsp)
- One tiny box of mini smarties such as the fun size you give out at Halloween or about 25g of mini M&Ms
- A microwave, microwave safe bowl, spoon for stirring, and a small dish are also needed. We used a snack sized 1 cup plastic container with a lid.
Tie your hair back, put on your apron, and wash your hands.
Put the butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. We used a cereal bowl.
Microwave the marshmallow/butter mixture on high in 30 second increments, stirring between stints in the microwave, until thoroughly melted. It took about 1 minute in our microwave.
Remove from microwave and add the Rice Krispies. Stir like crazy!
Fold in the M&Ms.
Spoon the mixture into the plastic container and firmly pat it down
Cool and slice. Store in an air tight container.
These Rice Krispie treats go well with a cup of tea.